Over the past few years I've become a huge fan of the Hack Learning Series (which is one of the reasons why Erin and I decided to write Hacking Project Based Learning)! Each of the nine books contains ten hacks/chapters that offer practical (and easy to understand) solutions for everyday problems in the education world!
And now, with the release of the FREE Hack Learning Anthology (click to download) – which includes a publisher selected hack/chapter from EVERY book – you can get a “taste” of what each book has to offer without having to buy the whole thing!
Here's the Anthology's table of contents:
- Create C.U.L.T.U.R.E: Start with School Leaders – Hacking Leadership
- Teach Students to Self-Grade: Put the Power of Grading into Students' Hands – Hacking Assessment
- Pineapple Charts: Boost Teacher Collaboration with a Public Chart of “Open Door” Lessons – Hacking Education
- Teach Them to Tinker: Play Through the Process – Make Writing
- Hash Out a Hashtag – Hacking Engagement
- Spotlight Reading in Your School – Hacking Literacy
- Amplify Student Voice: Incorporate Choice in How Kids Learn at Home – Hacking Homework
- Shift the Ownership of Assessment: Facilitate a Progress Assessment Tool – Hacking Project Based Learning
- Vigor Versus Rigor: Meet the Challenge Without Becoming Paralyzed – Hacking the Common Core
- Conclusion: Good Luck – Hacking Engagement